How to grow a Fitness Instagram account – Instalgic Case Study
Growing a high-quality audience on Instagram can be easy if you know how to do it. In our Fitness account case study we will see how to find your target audience for your account. You don’t need any expensive tools, you just have to know some accounts that are really successful in your market segment.
Where to find potential Instagram followers?
Interacting with the followers of big accounts in your niche is a great place to start finding your own potential followers!
- You can find the best sources to target your potential followers on your Instagram explore-page
- Search for accounts that have
Control your audience demographics
However, as you grow, you will realize that having control of your audience demographics becomes just as important as follower count.
Are you an influencer?
- Then brands will be very keen on seeing your audience metrics, not just whether your followers are real, but whether your followers will purchase their product.
Are you a business?
- Then 10 potential local customers as followers have way more intrinsic monetary value than 1000 low quality followers across the globe.
INSTALGIC CASE STUDY – GYM/FITNESS STUDIO
Let’s go through a generic use case together, and hopefully, by the end, you will be able to apply the principles and methodology to your own niche and goals.
For this use case, let’s pretend you are a fitness studio (business) or personal trainer (individual) with the following data:
- Product Sold = Muscle Gain & Weight Loss
- Consumers’ Demographics = Must live in Ljubljana
- Consumers’ Behaviors = Majority weight loss customers
Now, as mentioned above, the most common practice to grow would simply be finding a large/popular fitness account in Slovenia, and engage with their followers.
Although you will gain steady followers with this method, the followers will oftentimes be low quality, because your selected filters in Instalgic platform are too broad, and you are unable to control your audience demographics with your current settings.
To combat this, you will be curating your own lists of thousands of users to engage with, almost ALL in Ljubljana and recently trying to lose weight.
HOW TO BUILD A QUALITY INSTAGRAM AUDIENCE
First, focus on your audience requirements (demographic & behaviors). You need people living Ljubljana and they need to be looking to lose weight, or gain muscles.
Beginning with DEMOGRAPHICS. How do you find people living in Ljubljana?
Well, here is what I do:
- Find and write down 5 of your direct competitors in the same city.
- Open Instalgic Advanced Analyzer and analyze their profiles.
- Enter accounts with more than 1000 followers & more than 10% engagement as my People sources at Instalgic.
- Open your Instagram app and find people that live in Ljubljana
What is next? Check how engaged they are with on the target profile posts
- Select people who fit your chosen criteria
- Perform actions on their profile so they can find out about you
It’s time to take control of the full process of the growth of your business. If you did not already try Instalgic, you can TRY IT FREE HERE.